Volunteerism is a family value that children learn from their parents and grandparents. Our friends Derrick and Bubba Legg coach Special Olympics and their kids’ basketball teams, just as their parents, Stan and Merlynn Legg, gave years of their lives to 4-H and other youth groups when our children were young.
- When you stay home, you get too many telemarketing calls.
- Your family could use a break from you.
- You may need help yourself some day.
- It’s hard to win a game of solitaire.
- Soap operas all sound alike.
- If you don’t go out each day, you get old.
- The car needs a workout.
- Your mom would be proud of you.
- Who cares about money?